Health Insurance for Direct Sales Professionals
We realize many small business owners carry the responsibility of finding and qualifying for health insurance. Because of this, we have listed some resources for you to research on your way to covering yourself and family.
- ACHP.org - Alliance of Community Health Plans - A leadership organization that brings together innovative health plans and provider organizations that are among America 's best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care in their communities.
- AHIP.org - Americas Health Insurance Plans - The national association representing nearly 1,300 member companies providing health insurance coverage to more than 200 million Americans.
- Cobra - If you find yourself recently unemployed, the law states insurers must allow you to purchase your existing health care plan for 18 months. Keep in mind the premiums will be substantially higher than those paid through your employer.
- CMWF.org - Commonwealth Fund offers a quarterly States in Action newsletter that details the most recent state health insurance changes and initiatives.
- DSWA.org - The Direct Selling Women's Alliance offers health care benefits for those who are a member of their organization. Keep in mind that you still have to qualify, unlike an employer based program.
- Factoring.net is a non-promotional website built to help guide business owners with simple and straight-to-the-point facts about financing.
- HealthCare.gov - Launched January 1, 2014. Part of the new health care reform act.
- HealthInsurance.org - Health insurance resource center.
- HealthInsuranceInfo.net - Consumer guides for getting and keeping health insurance.
- Hipaa - Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
- KFF.org - Kaiser Family Foundation - A non-profit, private operating foundation focusing on the major health care issues facing the U.S., with a growing role in global health.
- Medicaid - Federal and state funded health insurance for people with low incomes.
- NASE.org - National Association of the Self Employed is a member based organization offering a health insurance program.
- NAIC.org - National Association of Insurance Commissioners - Find your state's insurance office for the high risk insurance pool program.
- NCSL.org - Visit your governor's website for information on whether he/she is prioritizing reforming health care.
- NFIB.org - The National Federation of Independent Business is the leading advocacy organization representing small and independent businesses.
- NSBA.biz - The National Small Business Association is a volunteer-led association. Our primary mission is to advocate state and federal policies that are beneficial to small business, the state, and the nation?and promote the growth of free enterprise.
There is an estimated 27 million working Americans without health insurance. That's more than half of the 45 million who are uninsured in this country.
We realize health insurance for the self-employed is an important issue and hope you find these resources to be beneficial in your search for health care coverage.